Tennessee Senior Care Resources
1. Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability
This commission’s stated mission is to “bring together and leverage programs, resources and organizations to protect and ensure the quality of life and independence of older Tennesseans and adults with disabilities.” It provides a wide range of elder information, including caregiving, Alzheimer’s, elder abuse, and long-term ombudsman programs.
2. Tennessee Area Agencies on Aging and Disability
Nine area agencies on aging (AAADs) organized into regional county groupings across Tennessee provide “accurate and unbiased information on all aspects of life related to aging or living with a disability,” according to the website:
3. Tennessee Assisted Living Facilities
This comprehensive site offers data on costs of assisted living communities, admission requirements and scope of care. Visitors can also search current Tennessee senior living license status and find out who owns a particular assisted living community center, last licensing survey date, how many beds, and other important pieces of information that help individuals make informed decisions about their or their loved ones’ senior care.
4. National Clearinghouse on Long Term Care Information
Developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this website provides information to help you and your family plan for long-term care needs. Included is information on Medicare/Medicaid coverage, long-term care insurance and senior living housing choices. Click on your state for more information on Tennessee senior living options.
This is a comprehensive listing of organizations that rate/report on the performance of health care providers; search for the state of Tennessee.
Choosing the right senior living situation for you or your loved ones is a critically important job and these resources should help you sort through all the information. Tell us about your experience searching for senior living options – what sites were the most helpful?
Georgia Senior Living Resources
The largest and most comprehensive state agency, the Georgia Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services (DAS), provides a statewide system of senior citizen services. Georgia has developed 12 regional multi-county areas you can see via the map at the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) to help group service information geographically, by county.
- Central Savannah River Area Regional Committee: Counties of Burke, Columbia, Glascock, Hancock, Jefferson, Jenkins, Lincoln, McDuffie, Richmond, Screven, Taliaferro, Warren Washington, Wilkes.
- Coastal Regional Commission: Counties of Bryan, Bullock, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, McIntosh.
- Georgia Mountains: Counties of Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, White.
- Heart of Georgia Altamaha Regional Commission: Counties of Appling, Bleckley, Candler, Dodge, Emanuel, Evans, Jeff Davis, Johnson, Laurens, Montgomery, Tattnal, Telfair, Toombs, Treutien, Wayne, Wheeler, Wilcox.
- River Valley Regional Commission: Counties of Chattahoochee, Clay, Crisp, Dooly, Harris, Macon, Marion, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Schley, Stewart, Sumter, Talbot, Taylor, Webster.
- Atlanta Regional Commission: Counties of Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Rockdale.
- Middle Georgia Region: Counties of Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs, Wilkinson.
- Northeast Georgia Region: Counties of Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Walton.
- Northwest Georgia Region: Counties of Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Fannin, Floyd, Gilmer, Gordon, Haralson, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Walker, Whitfield.
- Three Rivers/Southern Crescent Region: Counties of Butts, Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Lamar, Meriweather, Pike, Spalding, Troup, Upson.
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission: Counties of Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charleton, Clinch, Coffee, Cook, Echols, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Pierce, Tift, Turner, Ware.
- Southwest Georgia Region: Counties of Baker, Calhoun, Colquitt, Decatur, Dougherty, Early, Grady, Lee, Miller, Mitchell, Seminole, Terrell, Thomas, Worth
Other Senior Care Resources
Besides the above Georgia assisted living state and county resources, here are a few other senior care resource sites to review.
- SeniorResource.com: This site describes itself as the E-cyclopedia of housing options and information for retirement, finance, insurance and care.
- National Clearinghouse on Long Term Care Information: Go to this national website and click on your state for more information on Georgia assisted living options.
- ConsumerHealthRatings.com: This is a comprehensive listing of organizations that rate/report on the performance of health care providers.